About The Women’s Welfare Society
The Women’s Welfare Society, Belagavi in a space of 41 years of service established track record of mainstreaming the unlucky lives like women & children in difficult circumstances , besides the society proved to be a human capital providing 24 hours services to needy women & children.
Some Key Impacts as on 31/03/2019.
- 7220 families are rejoined counseling services.
- 240 Students are imparted with BSW/MSW Course.
- Pre-school education for below 6 years children coming from middle & poor families for 5425 children is achieved.
- 1079 women of difficult circumstances are supported with institutional care & rehabilitation services.
- 1330 skilled workers are upgraded with skill knowledge & 86 skill net groups are formed with enviable reputation.
- 580 school dropout youths are motivated & acquainted with Vocational knowledge
- 10,000 School children, 5000 rural mothers, 2500 rural fathers & 2000 elected representatives are conveyed with women and children trafficking information under Safe Village Programme.
- More than 2 lakh Population are covered under health services at their door steps every year by UFWC
- 260 Women and girls of trafficking victims and sexual exploitation are Rescued,Protected and reconciled with their families motivating to lead dignity life.
- Community Radio Programme covers 8 Blocks of the District including 450 villages and 3 lakh population. Awareness on the issues of different sectors of society is broadcast daily.
- Registration of 4000 Eligible couples, screening of high risk 1000 women and 42 Cervical cancer cases are linked to Hospitals for treatment and care.
- 97 Development delayed children are screened and linked under Early Intervention Programme
- 512 Disables are screened and linked for livelihood project.